A. What is Routing Optimization?
Route Optimization - RO is a tool provided by AhaMove, assisting Customers in solving VRP - Vehicle Routing Problem
Common VRP Problems
- Basic VRP
- Propose delivery routes with the goal of minimizing costs, distance, time...
- CVRP - Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problem
- Solving the routing problem with proposed constraints.
- Selective Depot VRP
- Solve the routing problem applied to the multi-store model row.
- VRPTW VRP with Time windows
- Solve the routing problem for the application of time frames delivery.
B. Steps to use the optimization tool (RO)
Customers access the Route Optimization Tab to use the service.
Step 1 : Fill Pick-up Points
1.1 Case with 1 pick-up point
Customer selects "1 LOCATION" và starts entering information about pickup point.
There are 3 ways for customers to fill their pickup address:
- Enter the address in the search box and select the address from the list of suggestions
- Select location on available map
- Use current location
- Customers need to enter specific information about the sender so that the driver can contact them directly (Name, phone number, specific address).
1.2 Cases with multiple pick up points
Customers contact AhaMove to create a list of fixed pick-up points to facilitate management of multiple addresses and avoid confusion.
Customer selects "MULTIPLE LOCATIONS" to select the points that the driver needs to go to to pick up.
Customers can enter to search or select from the list available.
The selected points will appear in the address bar.
Step 2. Choose to use the delivery service registered with AhaMove
Users choose the corresponding service as below :
Step 3. Enter the delivery point information
3.1 In case upload the batch file of delivery points
There are 4 ways to upload order information :
Upload Excel file
Upload Google Sheet file
Upload local draft (if previously saved)
Customers can download the sameple RO tool fill-in template here.
Once the delivery point file has been uploaded, the customer needs to process the data so that the RO tool can read the correct data for the orders.
- Customers need to concatenate the data fields of the uploaded file into the corresponding fields. Optional fields can also be added to create routing single-matching conditions in [Step 8]
- Customers choose “Confirm” for RO Tool to analyze data.
3.2 In case the customer needs to manually enter the information of each delivery point
The customer enters the delivery point information according to each existing field available.
When entering the drop-off point address, the Customer needs to enter the correct address or can choose according to the suggestions in the drop-down list.
For delivery time frame (if required), Customer can add delivery time frame as shown below.
Imported data can be added to the list of intersections displayed below the input.
Step 4. Check, Edit, Save drop-off point information (if needed)
Customers can choose a list of existing points to delete and update points. deliver.
To edit the delivery point information, the Customer clicks on the information box to modify existing data.
After editing, customers can save the draft for use later edited information.
Customers can reuse saved data and continue to Optimal Parameter Setting step
Step 5. Set the optimal order conditions
The system will move to the Route Settings page so that the Customer can choose the right conditions as desired.
Step 6. Choose suitable optimal algorithm
There are 5 types of algorithms for customers to choose:
- VRP - Vehicle Routing Problem**
- Basic routing optimization algorithm
- SDVRP Selective-Depot Vehicle Routing Problem
- Routing optimization algorithm in case customers have many depots
- The quantity of goods at the pick-up points is the same
- TWVRP Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows
- Routing optimization algorithm in case the customer has a requirement on delivery time frame
1-N- One Pickup - N Drop off
- Algorithm to optimize case routing for each order
- Each order created will have only 1 Drop-off - N Pick-up points
- Group By
- Algorithm to optimize single group by 1-column condition
- The user selects the corresponding column that user wants to collect according to that condition
6.1 Choose the maximum number of stops and distance for each order
- With an order, the customer can choose the number of delivery points/distance to match to the nature of the goods to be delivered.
- Customers can combine up to 20 delivery points on one order.(The intersection limit is set by each service)
6.2 Setting other attached conditions
Refer back to
Step 3.1to add data for the condition.
If the order needs to be returned, the user ticks to add request.
6.3 Choose the time the driver comes to pick up the goods
Customers can choose the time to pick up the goods as follows:
- ASAP: the default pick-up time for orders will be as soon as the time order.
- Timer : choose idle time for the order
Step 7. Check the optimized orders
In this step, customers can edit custom orders after they have been ordered and routed.
Customers add additional information for orders such as additional services, promo codes, payment methods…
Other function :
- Map: review the route of orders that have been optimized
- Order barcodes
- Download data of failed delivery points
Step 8. Create order
When the orders are created successfully, the message will be displayed as shown above.
1.Optimize by time frame (Time-windows VRP - TWVRP )
With different delivery periods, the RO tool helps to categorize time frames and arrange routing for orders according to the scheduled time frames.
2.Optimization with maximum constraints (Max capacity VRP)
With maximum size and weight requirements for orders, orders will be routed in such a way that the maximum size and quantity requirements are met.
3.Optimized with multiple pick-up points (Multi- depot VRP - SDVRP)
When there are many orders that need to be picked up from many different areas, RO will help customers route the routes for orders combined with the most optimal picking points.
4.Optimized with maximum distance constraint (Max distance VRP)
Customers can set a maximum distance condition for orders depending on the type of goods, RO will route orders according to the allowed distance to help orders be delivered within the optimal distance.
5.Optimization with multiple constrains (Multi-constraint VRP)
An order in reality will have many different constraints (COD, weight, volume ...), RO will combine orders that satisfy the constraints given by the customer to optimally route orders.
6.Optimize large number of orders (High volume of stops)
For large customers, when there are a large number of orders that need to be delivered at different points, RO will route instead of humans to be able to arrange the most optimal route for orders.